What to Do in Winnipeg
Winnipeg is in the heart and centre of Canada and features something for everyone throughout the year. With great shopping in each of our unique districts and gorgeous views while walking by one of our many rivers, there is never a dull moment in Winnipeg. Browse our list of what do in Winnipeg below.
- Investor's Group Field (3.2 km.) - Catch a Blue Bombers game at this state-of-the-art 40,000 person capacity football stadium.
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights (14.4 km.) - Being the only Canadian national museum to be built outside of Ottawa, this brand new Human Rights Museum is full of hands-on exhibits and new media displays. Learn about human rights from around the world and have fun doing it.
- University of Manitoba (3.5 km) - Relax by the quad and take in the views of the Red River at Manitoba's largest public university and home of the Bisons.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo (14.5 km.) - Almost 200 species call the Assiniboine Park Zoo home, including a statue of the beloved children's book character Winnie the Pooh, named after the city of Winnipeg. Be sure to check out the world reknown polar bear exhibit, butterfly garden, and seasonal Australian walkabout.
- Thermea Spa (6.0 km.) – Only a 7-minute drive from the hotel, this Scandinavian-inspired spa is located in the heart of nature beside the Crescent Drive Golf course in Winnipeg. Take time to unwind and reenergize in Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam bath, Finnish sauna, and relaxation areas.
- The Manitoba Museum (13.7 km.) - Learn about the history of Manitoba through educational exhibits such as the Science Gallery, Planetarium, and historical collections.
- The Forks Market (12.6 km.)- Located in the heart of Winnipeg, this historical meeting place is now home to a variety of restaurants, shops, and green space. The Forks Market offers a multitude of shops to browse for a wide variety of specialty items and souvenirs. The Market features an irresistible fresh food emporium with everything from gourmet cheese to meats, organize baked goods and wine. Shoppers will also find items ranging from cigars and aromatherapy products to crafts and artworks.
- Winnipeg Art Gallery (11.9 km.) - View the largest collection of Inuit art as well as national and international art collections.
Tours (please note that tours below are only available in summer months)
- M.S. River Rouge - Setting sail twice daily, the M.S. River Rouge will take you on a fantastic sightseeing journey along the Red River. With choices from simple 3 hour tours, to full day tours to Lower Fort Garry, your day will be jam packed with nautical adventure. Looking for more of an older crowd or a party to go to? The M.S. River Rouge offers a one of a kind party experience for groups of friends who want to get the most out of their evenings.
- Winnipeg Trolley - Get ready to have your view of Winnipeg changed forever. The Winnipeg trolley company will take you through beautiful Winnipeg and teach you all about the amazing history that makes “PegCity” what it is today. Learn some new and surprising facts and learn all about where legends were born. Did you know that fictional international super spy and ladies man James Bond was based off of a man from Winnipeg? Learn about this and more on this interesting and insightful tour.
- Prairie Dog Central Railway - Ever wondered how people traveled back in the day? Well get your chance to find out when catching a ride on one of the Prairie Dog Central trains. Hop aboard and travel from Winnipeg to Grosse Isle, MB, and enjoy souvenir shopping and a nice lunch with your family and friends. Over 18 and want an extra special experience? Become an Engineer for a Day. You will get the chance to run the train yourself with the help of your crew and live out a childhood dream.
- Walking Tours - Learn about the history of Winnipeg with one of our many walking tours that are available. Tour downtown, Old St. Boniface (Winnipeg’s French quarter), the Exchange district and many more places. See the hidden side of Winnipeg that only the locals know about and be fascinated by its history and unique stories. You will be planning your return before you even leave.